We invite you to take a “day in May” to explore cohousing options at both CoHo Ecovillage in Corvallis and Oakleigh Meadow Cohousing in Eugene. (FYI–you do NOT need to visit both communities but are encouraged to take advantage of this special opportunity).
Acting on Oakleigh’s slogan “It’s Better Together,” our two communities are teaming up to welcome visitors with an interest in cohousing in Oregon.
CORVALLIS – 10:30am
The FREE two-for-one tour starts at 10:30am at CoHo Ecovillage in Corvallis. It’s work party day, so visitors will see CoHoots in action around our 6.8-acre site. Learn first-hand what it’s like living in a caring, sharing community five+ years after move-in. With luck, the sun will be out and you can bask in the beautiful rainbows inside the common house that are lured in by Peter Erskine’s unique solar art installation. Join us for lunch at 12:30pm.
EUGENE – 3:00pm
After lunch, you’ll have plenty of time to get to the next stop–the site for Eugene’s first cohousing community–Oakleigh Meadow Cohousing. Visitors will tour the property, review site/building designs, check out the view from the future common house (green photo on right), and learn the benefits of joining the group now and contributing to the vision. Groundbreaking is targeted for spring 2014. Members will host visitors for an informal dinner (optional). Wrap-up will be around 7:00pm.
- There is no cost for the tours/meals.
- Transportation is on your own; carpooling is encouraged. If you want to carpool, let us know when you RSVP and we’ll connect you with others who want to carpool.
- Members of each cohousing community will be on both tours, so there are also carpool options for more conversations as you drive to/from Corvallis/Eugene.
- Basic instructions from Corvallis to Eugene: Take I5 south from Corvallis. Take a right turn going West at exit 195B Oregon Coast/Florence. Stay on the Beltline rd for about 4 miles till you see exit 8, River Road. Turn left and go South, toward Eugene. After you pass Hillard St, look for Oakleigh on the left. Turn left and slow down. At the end of the street, you will see our sign to drive in and park.
- Consult the internet if you’d like more detailed driving directions using either I5 or Highway 99. The two communities are about 43 miles/44 minutes apart.
- CoHo Ecovillage is at 1975 SE Crystal Lake Drive, on the corner of Crystal Lake Drive and Alexander. Park anywhere in our parking lot or on Alexander (but NOT on Crystal Lake Drive or the cemetery next door). The tour starts at the common house, the building at the parking lot entrance.
- Oakleigh Meadow Cohousing site is on Oakleigh off River Road, 97404. Follow the signs at the end of Oakleigh to on-site parking.
- If you’re coming from outside the area for a longer visit, contact us for additional trip planning options.
To help with meal planning, please sign up for the tour by contacting CoHo Ecovillage at